Howe of Fife Parish Centre, 83 Church Street, Ladybank, Fife, KY15 7ND
Scottish Charity SC005381 CCL Licence No. 179600
Ladybank was previously known as “The Ladybog” or “Our Lady’s Bog” and was where the monks of Lindores came to cut peat.
Originally it was part of the parish of Collessie, but with arrival of the railway, the town expanded from a few cottages at Monk’s Moss and a new parish was created. The name became Ladybank in accordance with Victorian sensibilities.
Originally the Church of Scotland was the Kerr Memorial Church in Church Lane and the present building was St. Mary’s United Free Church.
After the Union of 1929 Ladybank therefore had two parish churches. In the late 1940s it was decided to close the Kerr Memorial building making the old UF Church the parish church. All that remains of the Kerr Memorial is a dated stone in the grounds of the current building.
Ladybank was united with Collessie under the name “Collessie and Ladybank” by the then Presbytery of Cupar on January 7th 1968 under the ministry of Rev. A Philp.
At present the sanctuary is closed waiting development after an outbreak of dry rot, but the hall is in daily use. Once the development is complete the building will be referred to as The Howe of Fife Parish Centre
|Parish Walk, Sept. 2012|
|Flower Festival Sept. 2012|
|Collessie Christmas 2011|
|Church Picnic June 2013|
|Parish Walk Oct 2013|
|World Day of Prayer 2014|
|The Bus Party|
|Christmas Festival of Trees 2014|